People are turning to a new and smaller lifestyle. The tiny house movement is spreading like wildfire. I just wonder if people have gone crazy with this new lifestyle trend. Or could it be the lifestyle of future generations to come? Either way, I’m guessing that the tiny house movement is going to be here for a long time.
Me, I understand downsizing, but come on now, 100 square feet? That’s not what I call a house. It’s more like a storage building. But then, who am I to tell the tiny house dwellers how to live their lives? If it inspires them to find a better way of life, then I’m on board.
The Tiny House Movement
This tiny house movement looks like it is picking up steam and is here for the long haul. What I find interesting about it all is the reactions and what the people say when the are starting the building phase of their tiny lifestyle.
Sometimes people just baffle me. This is one trend that is interesting but one that I don’t think I will participate in any time soon.
At any rate, I thought I would share a few with you so grab a cup of coffee, sit back and enjoy.
1. It’s so tiny. Well duh. This one always gets me. What did they expect? That’s why it’s called a tiny house.
2. This is the bathroom? Yep. A tiny bathroom for a tiny house.
3. We can work less. And have less space, have less stuff, and have less of everything. Because it’s a tiny house.
4. But I want a full size fridge. Then buy a full size house. Do you not understand size restrictions?
5. Where can I put all my shoes? Well, it looks like Goodwill will make out big time on the tiny house movement.
I’m sure you have heard dozens more things people are saying about their tiny homes. It just think to myself, do they not understand the concept of tiny?
And then they want to have their dogs, cats, rabbits and other animals live with them in their little space. I say if they want to live in a tiny house that’s fine. But they don’t need to subject their pets to such a lifestyle.
There are some things I just don’t get.
At any rate, I find this tiny house movement a bit overboard. If that is the lifestyle they want, and you may be one of them, make the most of it while you can. Because I will make my bet that tiny house dwellers will soon grow tired of their small space.