Now that I am older, I will grab a cup of decaf in the evenings and just take a few minutes to find something to smile about.
If you are like so many, you may find your days are filled to overflowing with things to do, unexciting tasks and interruptions that seem to waste your time.
Do you wish you could just slow down and enjoy a little humor? Well this is for you.
First run into the kitchen and make a cup of decaf then come back to read this.
This will help you to slow down at least for a couple of minutes. Be sure to not spill that cup of decaf as you’re laughing. I think that now that I am older, I find that even the smallest of things make me smile.
Now That I Am Older
1. I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.
2. My wild oats have turned into prunes and all-bran.
3. I finally got my head together, and now my body is falling apart.
4. Funny, I don’t remember being absent-minded.
5. Funny, I don’t remember being absent-minded.
6. If all is not lost, where is it?
7. It’s a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
8. Some days, you’re the dog; some days you’re the hydrant.
9. I wish the buck did stop here; I sure could use a few.
10. Kids in the back seat cause accidents.
11. Accidents in the back seat cause kids.
12. It’s hard to make a comeback when you haven’t been anywhere.
13. The only time the world beats a path to your door is when
you’re in the bathroom.
14. If God wanted me to touch my toes, he’d have put them on my knees.
15. When I’m finally holding all the cards, why does everyone
want to play chess?
16. It’s not hard to meet expenses . . . they’re everywhere.
17. The only difference between a rut and a grave is the depth.
18. These days, I spend a lot of time thinking about the
hereafter . . .I go somewhere to get something, and then wonder what
19. Funny, I don’t remember being absent-minded.
20. DID I SEND THESE TO YOU BEFORE……….??????
I hope you enjoyed this bit of levity as much as I enjoyed my cup of decaf.
What do you do when you need to take a few minutes to slow down?